Note: WWP is an Open Source charity. These procedures are only a starting point. They will be much improved as other sponsors and volunteers contribute their ideas and experiences.
Also, these procedures are meant as suggestions, not as absolute requirements that you must follow. This is your program. Use your creativity and your compassion to guide you.
Procedures for Sponsors
1. Village Communicators will post photos and life stories on the WWP web site of children and families in their area who need help.
2. You select the recipients(s) whom you wish to sponsor.
3. You will not send money to WWP but directly to the person(s) whom you are sponsoring, or, in some cases, to the Village Communicator.
4. The child or family's post will usually say what help they need in terms of material needs and cost in U.S. dollars. You can send a one time contribution or contribute on a monthly basis.
5. Or you could ask questions to better understand the child or family's situation and propose another form of support. For example,in an elderly couple is being supported by a son or daughter who earns a small salary, your help might be to buy tools or pay for a training program that would increase their salary, thus eliminating the need for ongoing support.
6. The Village Communicators have agreed to help you in communicating with the person(s)you are sponsoring by translating letters (preferably by e-mail)and by sending you photos so you can see how your child or family is doing. You might also be able to set up real time chat sessions and/or video conferences if your Village Communicator has the equipment and cabability for these communications.
7. You will also have a Village Project Manager who will probably live in the U.S. and who will answer your questions about the program in general. He/she should also be able to advise you on the most effective way to transfer money to your child or family.
8. You can also ask questions and make suggestions to your fellow sponsors by posting messages to the WWP Yahoo Group.
9. Beyond giving your child or family needed financial help, you might serve as a mentor to them by offering advice or information.
10. Through the help of the Village Communicator, you can come to know your child or family and build a real relationship with them. You can have the satisfacion of changing their life for a very low cost, by Western standards.
11. Join the WWP Yahoo Group and find your place to help. :-)